12.17.2007

For You

I've been thinking lately about how grateful I am for you all who read and comment here. I drone, I complain, I shoot for and almost constantly miss the middle ground between maudlin and ungrateful, I write about the same six topics* that every other maternal blog writer covers every day, and yet here you are, reading and sometimes even being generous enough to let me know what you're thinking.

Then Eva posted this nifty thing a few days ago. And not only was my greed for homemade gifts great enough to overcome my fear of all things chain letter, but I thought it was also a neat way to thank you all. So I'm passing it along:

The first three people who comment saying they would like to participate will get something** handmade by me. You’ll receive it within 365 days.

1. Post a comment here and make sure I have (or can find) your email address so that I can contact you for your mailing address.

2. Put this on your own blog, and send something you make to the first three people that respond, if you are so inclined.

And if you don't want to play along, no worries. I will just assume you are leery of giving your mailing address to an internet stranger of such dubious character.



*Sleep, poop, nursing, tantrums, unnecessary self-deprecation, misty-eyed love for my children

**It might be a stingray shaped dishrag, but likely it will be something even better.

3 comments:

  1. Yep, those are my topics, too. Tonight my father and stepmother, who are visiting, were sitting around talking. And I just KEPT TALKING ABOUT POOP. I just couldn't shut it off. It was weird but I guess that's one of my big issues in life--the baby's poop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm number two!

    I'll get this up on my blog in the next day or two. I like that I have a year to make something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, 3! I'd love to participate both on the receiving and giving ends. I'll post something in the next couple of days. It'll be something to look forward to when the post-holiday crafting blues set in. :)

    ReplyDelete