10.19.2007

Cold Feet

After writing about D leaving, I was all set to do an upbeat post (imagine!) about the day care center we chose and how exciting it is that Ingrid will start going there next week. Then we spent an hour there together yesterday and an hour this morning, and after thinking about it carefully pretty much every minute for the past couple of days, especially between the hours of 3 and 7 a.m. today, I really just have two things to say about it:

1. It is a wonderful day care center. It's a well-run, well-organized, bilingual, multicultural, exciting place where kids do fun projects, eat healthy food, learn, play outdoors, meet their neighbors, and get taken care of by grown ups who love kids.

2. Every time I think of leaving my little girl there all by herself I feel like bawling.

People keep telling me this will be much harder for me than for her. I sure hope they are right.

3 comments:

  1. ugh. we're looking at preschool for next september and i feel exactly the same way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw. I know what you mean. It'll be okay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Caro. I do think it will be harder on you than her. Really, I do.

    ReplyDelete